6th November 2017

I have a thing I call 'slut food'.   It is the food that I know has very little, if any, nutritional value and by it's very nature is really easy to prepare, if it needs any preparation at all.   It is cheap to buy and mainly consists of a whole load of ingredients I can't pronounce.   But for all it's pit falls it hits the spot every time.   Some slut food can leave me feeling a little disgusted with myself - if it is of the kind that I know that my stomach would turn if I was at it's processing plant.   But there are some times in your life when nothing but slut food will do...  a greasy kebab from a dirty mobile cafe on the way home from a lively night... a McDonalds after being at the gym... a Pot Noodle when you have fresh salad in the fridge but you're deciding to ignore it.    The one common thread of all of these foods is that they taste amazing purely because normally they are forbidden fruit - that dirty secret.

However, I have come to make adjustments to some of my slut food habits to incorporate a less guilty side.  My favourties of these is the fish finger sandwich.    Made with a really good bread, stick some lettuce in and some gherkins; a good quality tartare sauce and you could get away with thinking it was actually good for you.    I had one of these the other night and although I didn't have any thick bread it was still amazing.    Equally good with bog standard sliced white bread, no lettuce, tommy ketch and mayo, although a healthy layer of salted butter is required whichever version you go for.

Dig in..







Comments