Ole!

Home alone tonight... Mr M is in London until late having a 'Team Meeting' which involves a pub and a restaurant.    If I'm completely honest, after a busy afternoon at the shop and with Mr. M not home I would probably normally plump for a packet of KettleChips and a bottle of wine for supper.  But with a quest to loose weight and the fact I'm doing Shoptober has forced me to think a little more adventurously for supper.

Just before close, I wondered around the shop looking for inspiration.   I found it quite hard.  Wednesday is the worst day stock wise at the shop.   Most weekly deliveries are on a Thursday including our big one from Londis; Greenfields Pork; our free range eggs and Austwicks pies and quiches which means Wednesday's shelves don't look as bountiful as Thursdays.   I had to do three circuits before I found the lightbulb moment that turned my supper from downright boring to deliciously wonderful.    It came in the form of Merchants Smoky Spanish Style Grains and Rice.   You'll find the Merchants range on the top shelf of the Grocery section and I have to say they are one of the most under rated products in the shop.   Quick, easy, healthy and can make any supper a breeze.



Here's what I did:

Take a pack of frozen prawns (from the shop, obvs) and run them under warm water to defrost.
Heat a splash of olive oil in a frying pan and add the Merchant Rice and Grains.   Stir around to break them up then add the prawns and a cup of frozen peas (also from the shop).    Stir over the heat until totally warmed right through. 

Put into a bowl with a wedge of lemon.   Pour yourself a glass of Merchants Provence Rose (should have been Spanish wine but we don't stock any) and transport yourself instantly to the mountains of Spain.



It all takes no more than 10 mins and really is lovely.   I sat on the sofa making 'Mmmmmm' noises to nobody in particular.


I realise that my glass of wine looks disproportionately large compared to the bowl of loveliness.. but I assure you it's just the camera angle..... promise.

Comments