3rd October

Tuesday.   Shop Committee meeting this evening which means Mr M is in charge of cooking supper.   At 5.30, at the tail end of my afternoon shift at the shop, I look desperately around for something we can have.   Of course, when I first hatched this plan I had visions of planning a weeks worth of suppers at a time and putting a Sunday afternoon aside to make and freeze ahead meals whilst listening the the Archers Omnibus on Radio 4 with my trusty black lab snoozing lazily at my feet.... No.    It's only October 3rd and I'm wildly looking around the shop for inspiration of what to eat... and I only made it to the 3rd because on the 2nd we went to The George for supper!  (Fish and Chips...mmmmmm!).

If I was on Death Row and was given a choice of what to have as my last meal, and I could have absolutely anything, I think it would be jacket potato with sliced ham.   Not very exciting, is it?   However, you can't beat a hot tattie straight from the oven, crunchy on the outside, fluffy on the inside, slathered with salted butter and a dollop of mayonnaise and loads of black pepper.   That, alongside a good quality ham and a green salad is bliss.     Tonight, just to mix things up a bit, I plumped for sweet potato and ham - don't let anyone tell you I don't live life on the edge... and I topped it all off with a green salad.... I know what you're thinking... this woman is dangerous.... no?


Comments