24th October 2017

It's funny how our tastebuds change as we get older.   There are a couple of things I used to loathe as a child and young adult which I now can't seem to get enough of.   Olives is one thing and is relatively new to the table that is my taste... it only came to the party about five years ago.  Since that time, I like to think that I have made up for lost years by eating my body weight in olives on a regular basis.    Fizzy water is another - bizarrely - couldn't stand it as a child - love it now.    The main one to mention, however is curry.    How did I get through my early twenties not eating curry and yet going out with rugby players??    However, when I was 27 I moved to Durban in South Africa which has the greatest population of Indians outside India and instantly was drawn to the spice markets and to the illusive Bunny Chow, which I will introduce you to in another post.   Needless to say, curry was part of Durban life and there were too many good curry restaurants to not like it.    My love for curry was born.



Tonight, we wanted easy but filling, quick but tasty so I grabbed a packet of chicken fillets and a curry sauce from The Curry Co.   These sauces can be found near the newspapers (I know - not logical but in a small shop you make space where you can) and are DELICIOUS.   Very authentic and really easy.   Paired with a Naan Bread that can be found in the freezer or poppadoms found near the curry sauce you can have a take out night without taking out or the expense.

Just because I wanted a bit of colour in our dish I added a handful of cherry tomatoes to the sauce whilst it was cooking - but absolutely not essential.    I also added a spoonful of the creme fraishe from last night.


Comments